LinkedIn has shared some more details about its ‘native integration with the new Office experience’. The LinkedIn App on Microsoft’s App Store will integrate with the new Outlook email and calendar to pull information from public LinkedIn profiles. Excellent idea – except that folks will have to careful while putting ‘looking for an opportunity’ as their LinkedIn headline! Get the app here.
Now every time you send or receive an email or check with whom you’re meeting with that day, you’ll see relevant information to help you be better prepared and armed for your work day, such as:
- Their LinkedIn profile, including photo
- Any professional updates or information shared on LinkedIn
- Common connections and professional groups
- Information about the person’s company and ability to follow that company
- Ability to like or comment on their professional activity
See the original post here.
- LinkedIn Joins the New Office App Store (linkedin.com)
- One-click LinkedIn Integration with the new Office (linkedin.com)
- LinkedIn Will Integrate With The Next Version Of Microsoft Office (LNKD, MSFT) (businessinsider.com)