IT spending is on the rise. Gartner says that enterprises will spend $2.7 trillion on IT in 2012. 350 organizations will invest more than a billion dollars in IT.
Worldwide enterprise IT spending is projected to total $2.7 trillion in 2012, a 3.9 percent increase from 2011 spending of $2.6 trillion
Other key facts about the changing face of IT:
• 30 billion pieces of content were added to Facebook this past month.
• Worldwide IP traffic will quadruple by 2015.
• More than 2 billion videos were watched on YouTube … yesterday.
• The average teenager sends 4,762 text messages per month.
• 32 billion searches were performed last month … on Twitter.
- Worldwide Enterprise IT Spending To Total $2.7 Trillion In 2012 But Growth Is Slowing (techcrunch.com)
- Gartner: 10 key trends for 2012 (c24.co.uk)
- Gartner’s top 10 strategic technology trends for 2012 (infoworld.com)